As many of you know, my beloved hubby IS the human form of Clark Griswold. The electric company just adores us, and the neighbors all drive by and hollar things to us in jest. Last night my neighbor drove by and shouted "Hello Mrs. Griswold," as I was chipping ice off of the sidewalk. Gotta love it.DH is now on the 2nd week of putting up decor outside. He tells Trinity that its all just for her. I haven't the heart to point out that Daddy's being doing this for the last 10 years or so. Every year its bigger and brighter. One year I remember laying in bed asking him to turn out his light. He said that it WAS off. Turns out he was right, it was the Christmas lights OUTSIDE.
The after Christmas sales are just the best for him. Last year he bought over 100 (yes one-hundred) boxes of lights. After all, they WERE less than a quarter each! As I sit here in the warm office typing this post I can see him (over the inflatable snowglobe) putting up yet more lights on the crab-apple tree. I can hear him humming Christmas tunes as well. It a good thing. This is Christmas in my home. All we need is to get cracking on the mammoth batches of sugar cookies now.
I hope that all of you remember these simple pleasures of the holidays. Don't forget them as they are what makes the holidays the special moments we and our children will treasure. Merriest of Christmas to you all.












5 comments:
Your house looks great. He just might have watched Christmas Vacation one too many times though hahahaha. Just kidding. I would like it if my house was so lit up!
HOLY MOLEY! That looks awesome! Way to go Paul!
Great job for the Griswold man! We still have no lights up, but that is my job this week of 12/11.
the house looks excellent. Aaron wanted to do that this year but the time just ran away from us and we weren't able to. Bummer b/c we would have had the best house in the neighborhood as only 2 other houses did anything and it isn't anything to write home about. LOL
love ya
Kay
My kids would have loved to have seen the house IRL. Way to go spreading the holiday spirit.
Post a Comment