First off there's this wonderful cake that I picked up yesterday for DH's birthday. I never thought that it would be a HUGE inconvenience to get something iced on this cake. Nor did I think that a grown adult could not spell "DADDY.” Oh how wrong could I have been! When I went to the bakery counter to pick the cake up it said, "Happy Birthday Dad" only. I looked at the cake and the guy realized it wasn't what I had asked for that and Trinity is screaming that it doesn't say "Daddy" that it only says "Dad" and she's 3. So he took the cake back to fix it, and D-A-D-E-Y is what I got. The level of stupidity achieved by this one compelled me to bring the cake home and share it with everyone that I possibly could. Yes I am perturbed.

Then there's the optical department of the very same Wal-Mart. I go in there about a month ago to get an eyepiece for my glasses replaced. The "technician" hands me back my glasses after an inordinate amount of time, and out of reflex I clean them with the edge of my shirttail. As I look at them before placing them back onto my face, I notice a HUGE chip out of the right lense that wasn't there when I handed the glasses to the gal. Before I can even get words out of my mouth about the condition of my glasses she's protesting her innocence and how the chip was there when I gave it to her.
The manager comes running from the other side of the Optical Shop, tells the tech to be quiet, and has her shooed away. Next thing you know I'm being profusely apologized to and being offered a complete replacement pair of glasses.
Well it’s almost a month later and I still have the same chipped glasses. I’ve yet to get anything finalized, but I have to say that the department manager has been very helpful, its her boss that is causing the trouble.
Which all leads me back to my original quandary. Is there an IQ test required to work at Wal-Mart?












No comments:
Post a Comment