Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blankie

Trinity said something to me this morning that struck me so funny. I'm getting everything together and doing laundry. I just stripped the sheets in her crib. I then went to try and detach her from blankie, after all she needs a "bath" too.

So as gingerly as I can I ask her if I can give blankie a bath. Instant fear strikes my child, a look of horror crosses her face. I try the tactic that usually works. I tell her how blankie will be warm and fresh out of the dryer just how she likes her. And then I get her response and it is priceless.

"No! She's just the way I like her!"

Thumb immediately goes back into her mouth. Other hand is wrapped around the remaments of "Tag," and I have been dismissed.

Oh well. Time for a covert manuever I suspose.

1 comment:

KarenMarie said...

oh that reminds me of trying to pry Joey's away from him.