Sunday, October 21, 2007

Whirl Wind Week

My goodness, this has been an action packed week. Although I must say that the month of October usually is a very busy week for us, but this year it seems even busier than usual; and its not over yet! Here are some of this week's highlights.


On Tuesday Trinity and her friends from the Library got all dressed up and went to the "Symphony." Ok it was only a four-piece string quartet but YOU try explaining that to a group of toddlers? All of the girls got all dressed up and behaved so well!

Thursday kicked off CKC KC (that's Creating Keepsakes Convention, Kansas City) and I really had fun this year. I worked as a TA on Thursday and Friday evenings. Friday I hit the Vendor Faire, and got some great goodies! I had four classes on Saturday that I took with Carey. Some were better than others, but on a whole the classes that I took were better than the majority of them from last year. Between my classes, door prizes and gifts from the teachers and vendors that I assisted I came home with a bunch of stuff! I think I'd like to TA again next year again. However I am paying for it today, my back and legs are rebuking all the activities of this week.

I got to meet up with a Pea-friend from Atlanta, who came into KC for the Convention. She and I got to have dinner on Saturday night and to talk without a computer between us. It was so very nice, and I’m glad that we made the effort!

Another really good thing happened at CKC this year. I was able to reconnect with a person that I had missed dearly. We had separated on poor terms due to someone else’s “antics,” to put it mildly. I was very glad that she reached out to me and that we were able to clear the air and learn some truths. She’s someone that I’ve truly missed and I’d love to reconnect with.

On Thursday night my beloved Sox surprised the critics and enthralled the fans by beating Indians 7 to 1 in Tribe Territory. Then on Saturday afternoon they had us cheering again at Fenway when the Sox took the game 12 to 2. Tonight will be the tie breaking game for the Pennant. If you’re in the vicinity rub the Monster for luck for me would you? I still believe. Do you? Love you Daddy!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

darling photo of the girls, bet it was fun trying to keep them quiet

KarenMarie said...

i love the picture of the girls. How about them Sox? we are all biting our nails for tonight. Fingers; toes and eyes are crossed. Love ya