Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007 and More

Fall this year seemed to pass in a blink of an eye. We had a really long Summer and then POOF! Here is it now Christmas time. I know in between there was Halloween and Thanksgiving, but the weather was so mild and us doing the renovations it was as if it was still Summer time. Now here it is right after Thanksgiving and its time to put up the Christmas lights again. WOW. Time has really flown this month.

This photo was taken on Thanksgiving morning of the two of us. It was so awesome at dinner at Shannon & Valerie's we all said what we were thankful for before saying grace. Paul said that he was thankful for "Dodge Trucks" and it got big yucks. I said with a kiss for each of them, that I was thankful for Paul and Trinity. Then when it was Trinity's turn she did exactly what I had. Talk about pulling the heart strings! Everyone in the room "oohed" and "aaaahed" on that one. Yup. They are what I am thankful for!

We got up early on Friday morning and braved the crowds for some Black Friday shopping. I had a "battle plan" for the "troops" as Paul kept referring to us that day. We hit every place on the list, cranked out our holiday shopping, got home by 2 p.m. and everyone was still happy with each other. Now THAT's some Christmas magic!

That evening we had Haley and her girlfriend Alley over for the night. Trinity was in heaven having both of the girls over for a "slumber party". They played and dotted on her, which just put her on cloud nine. Everyone was happy when I announced that I'd be picking up Chinese food for dinner. After all who doesn't love Chinese food?!?

Haley and Alley were Clark's "elves" this year and were a big help. They saved me a lot for sure! Saying that its getting harder to lift all of the lights and displays out of the crawl space each year is just an understatement. We didn't get everything done before they had to head home, but all of the grunt work was polished off. That left all of the detail work for Paul and I, which I was totally ok with!

Look for the next post to see the results!

No comments: