Sunday, January 06, 2008

WalMart - Chapter 2

You'd think that after the eyeglasses and birthday cake debacles that I'd have learned my lesson eh? Guess I'm a slow learner. On New Years Eve I ran to WM after my doctor's appointment. We were having a dinner party that evening and I had no time to spare so I thought that in the time that it would take me to get my shopping done they could fill 2 prescriptions right? Wrong.

Two hours later I go to the pharmacy counter and they only had one of the two completed. When I asked what the problem was they said that there was a problem with one of the RXs written, and that the doctor wrote a script for a drug that did not exist. In the nicest manner I could muster at that moment I told them they were idiots, and that Tussin is a very common cough medicine. Right next to me was a nurse from SMMC in her scrubs complete with ID, who backed me up. BTW they jacked up her RXs too.

Another half hour had passed before I finally left the pharmacy with only one of the two scripts I needed. I got home and found that they had changed the one they did fill from what the doctor had written. And they filled it with a drug that I'm allergic to! I called my doctor's office and got a RXs properly filled at CVS later that evening. If I had taken the medicine that they gave me I'd have been in the ER that night.

On the next business day I called back to the WalMart where all of this has happened. I spoke with the store manager. Who I must say acted as if he could care less about the whole thing, and never once even apologized. I told him of the three problems that I had, and now due to their utter incompetence they were causing health and safety issues. These problems had gone beyond small gripes at this point.

I've yet to get the matter resolved, and I'll let you know how it pans out. But its just gotten to the point that I'm fighting mad and I'm gonna do something about it.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Wow. I'm glad you checked your med before taking it!

Anonymous said...

Good grief! What a mess! Good thing you thought about checking your meds before taking any.