Wow. How time changes so many things. I finished these layouts recently for my books. I scrapped them from the vantage point of then, when it all occurred. It brings many mixed emotions, all of them strong ones. I miss that time. I miss many of those people. There was something so pure about that time, that place, those people to me. It was blissful, and a creative and personal awakening to me. Don Henley's
song keeps ringing through my head as I type now. It ushered back into my life something that I had lost along the way, and was so overjoyed to have found again.

Then it all fell apart on several levels. Yes, there were pieces to pick up. Some parts were reconnected, in new and different ways. Others were smashed beyond the point of any amount of Modge Podge being able to put them back together again. This still makes me sad. I want my Dream back.

I don't need anyone to remind me how long its been since the fall. I know how long its been. I still want it back, and I don't care how irrational that sounds. It was a special place(s) and time, and I miss it. A lot.
8 comments:
Thanks so much for popping in to visit, Micki. I miss the crowd getting together at SD as well. Life goes on I guess, but I don't have to agree with it. lol
Love your latest scrapbook pages, especialy the black background with all our pics on it.
Those are good memories, those were good times. Nicely done.
Love the layouts Micki--those were fun times!!
Me too sweetie.
I do miss all of that! And I really miss everyone! Great layouts Micki!
I miss all the chatter and the poems we shared. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Ending an era is always sad :(
funny funny line "smashed beyond the point of any amount of Modge Podge being able to put them back together again"
you think like a scrapper!
Sometimes it's funny how timing is ... I just wanted to pop by and see what you were up to and then I see this post. As I read your text, without looking at pictures, I didn't realize what you were talking about. Then I saw me and green boots ...
You made me smile Micki. Those were good times. (Hey - you wouldn't be able to share those pictures with me, would you please?)
Post a Comment