Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday Blahs


Ok I'm not in the best of moods today, not mad or anything, just melancholy I guess. I'm sad for a friend who is going through a cross-road in her life. Another friend is trying to manage a new marriage, and its challenges. Yet another is struggling with an unexpected pregnancy. One other friend who wants to be pregnant and isn't. And the list goes on. I'm on the empathy train. I hate seeing the people I care about hurting. I hate not being able to just fix it. That's what I do, I fix things. But I've learned there are somethings I just can't fix. And that just sucks.

I had a wonderful weekend with my husband on Friday night. Then on Saturday I had a fabulous day with another friend. Now I feel guilty for being happy when they are sad. Screwed up? Maybe, but that's just me.

So here's to my girls, and you know who you are. May the trials that you are going through now, be over soon, with wonderful outcomes. Just know that I am thinking of you, and am here when you need me.

5 comments:

Annette said...

Powerlessness. Not your personality at all, so it is hard to accept that there are some things we can't fix. I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope I am posting this in the right place!!

Oh and thanks for the shout out to all our girls "hehehehehehehe"...

So, I came, I read, I viewed, I saw, and I posted - and yeah - I am impressed!!

You are soo quiet - that I didn't even know you were this VOCAL!!

Great Blog - I have it in my favorites to check out...

YOUR GIRL..

"Yo" - (HA)

Mcmuffy said...

Being a friend is doing something for them. Don't feel guilty for enjoying life. Seems like we all take turns with bad times. Glad you had a good weekend.

KarenMarie said...

You are a great friend and just being there for your friends is what they need. Just be yourself. Don't feel bad that you had a great time with your husband. You should be happy that you are with him. Just be there like you always are for your friends. That is the most important thing.
Love you

Maricar said...

Find a picture of a beautiful rainbow. Things will get better for us all, and we will all learn to accept the cards we've been dealt. I'm boldly assuming that I am one of those on your list of sad people ... but, know that I am trekking up the hill to see a rainbow, with friends pushing me up the hill when I stumble.