This was my cousin and her father back in 1997, when we all met for my Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. That was a really fun time. One of the few times when the majority of the family was together. She was 16 in this photo if I did my math correctly. It was the first time that I got to meet her. She was so shy and quiet then.The picture that we keep seeing of her with her husband and their daughter was one that I took just this January, when we all were in Florida for our Grandmother's funeral. Then imagine my surprise when I find the photo of all of us cousins splashed all over the internet. Someone took the photo from her husband's MySpace page and other news sources went and ran with it too. I'm not really happy about it, as I'm standing right next to her husband in the photo with Trinity. Let me assure you that I signed no such releases for that photograph to be used. Paul took that photo of all of us, in front of Papa's house. The copy from our camera is the one below in the previous post. I've dreaded the thought of news crews on our front lawn, looking for the "local connection" story. The media as such bottom feeders.
Thankfully the baby is fine, and with his parents right now. They will raise her and I believe that they will do a fine job. After all they did so VERY well with their eldest son. It was a joy watching the way he was with the baby and my cousin. He was so very proud and so very happy. A wonderful husband and exemplary father. He reminded me of Paul, watching him with the baby.
My cousin was SO happy. She had finally come into her own. It was so wonderful to see how that shy flower had blossomed, despite the unfertile soil that she had been planted into. I was so happy and proud for her and the new life that she had made.
This was their time. The next step in their journey was about to begin. They had everything to look forward to. They had their road map and were set upon a wonderful course. How could any of us known that there would be such a detour in the road?Then that psycho came into their lives somehow. Instead of being a friend and sharing in their joy, she coveted it. She created lies about the two of them to try and justify what she did. She tried to besmirch their reputations, and malign them with her distorted view of reality. However, it will not work. Those that knew and loved them will not let her win. She may have taken them away from us, but she will never change how we thought of them and loved them. We know the truth. There was no "ex-boyfriend" or "triangle" or anything of the sort. All you had to do was stand in the room with the two of them and you could see that. They had it all, and we will make sure that the baby knows it.
I cry for the baby now more than anyone. Thankfully she is still young, so that the adjustment will be easier for her. The future is what will be harder. The questions. The longing. The anger. I'm not sure that she will ever be able to understand it. None of us do at this point. I send her hope and love. Patience and strength. Things that all children need, but her more assuredly.












6 comments:
Micki, I am so sorry for your loss. :( And for a little one to lose her parents so young breaks my heart. My prayers for comfort for you all. ((HUGS))
Micki, I'm so sorry for the tragedy your family has been thrown into. My thoughts are with you.
i love you and you know i am here for you. You are the closest thing to a sister I could ever have. You have always been there for me in all my screwed up life and I owe you my life for that. Please know that the truth will come out and that freak will be put away for life. And that little angel has an amazing family to help her thru this.
Micki,
Surround that baby with love. Remember your stories for her.
I'll lift you all in prayer.
So sorry for your loss. Sounds like a terrible tradgedy.
I'm so, so sorry, Micki. I wish there was something I could do to make this better.. I'll be thinking about you guys.
Post a Comment