
Ok if you have kids or grandkids or especially if you work with children this is a must have book. Paul and I have both fallen in love with it and found it to be a great resource for projects and a tool for teaching art appreciation to Trinity. We've borrowed it from the Library several times, and might just have to break down and buy a copy.
Today's project was an African Tribal mask. It was a fun project made with with stuff here around the house and didn't cost a dime. Scott would like that part of it for sure. The majority of the craft was from a corrugated cardboard box, toss in some raffia, glue and markers and you have an easy craft and great tool to teach your child on several fronts.

As I'm typing this, Trinity just came into the office to tell me goodbye. I asked her where she is going and she said, "I'm going to Africa." To which I asked her what for, and she responded, "to go see all of the animals there." Which somehow also included unicorns, but hey, she is only four.












6 comments:
how cool is that. Hey I am not 4 and I believe there are unicorns. LOL Love to all
What a cool book and mask! Trinity did an excellent job. :) Love the pic of her wearing it. Did she return from her African vacation? ;)
She said she saw unicorns and lions but no elephants. Then she ordered a cheeseburger with no onions, a chocolate shake and french fries. I guess they have McDonald's on the safari trails!? Ah the joy of being 4!!!!
I have seen that book and love it, it's hard to go wrong with Usborne books.
Sounds like a wonderful learning experience. I love making crafty things with the kids. Thanks for sharing!
Darling!
Post a Comment