I've always bantered back and forth about entering the Wyandotte County Fair in the Canning Division. One thing or another kept me from it and this year no one's tomatoes or fruit trees are doing well; our's are no exception. So I just kinda gave up on it once again for this year. However on a fluke last week, I decided this year to enter the Fair in the "Open Class" Division for Scrapbooking. This year there were three separate classes in the Division; General Scrapbooking, Themed Scrapbooks and Altered and/or Decorative Items. For the General Scrapbooking category I submitted layouts chronicling January through November 2005. Here I am with my first ever blue ribbon! Funny thing is, I had to ask what a blue ribbon meant. The Fair Board Members looked at me as if I might be kidding. I really had no clue! I won first place in that class!
The next category was "Altered and/or Decorative Items" for which I submitted my Vickie Chrisman Crafty Secrets house mini album. This was made as a gift for my MiL which I gave to for her 65th birthday. I was lucky once again and placed 1st in that class as well!

Then the final class was for the "Themed Album," for which I entered the vacation album I just completed of our last trip home to Massachusetts in 2006. Paul teased me that they must have judged it merely by weight alone, as its got to be at least 10 pounds and its almost 5 inches thick. Good thing we were only gone for 2 weeks eh? Well I'm so pleased and stunned to say that I won in that class as well and was awarded Grand Champion for the entire division with that album!
Not only did I do well but my nephew Jarett received a blue ribbons for his work in the poultry class. My other nephew Georgie won Grand Champion in THREE categories for poultry! Their Mom, Valerie also won in a Grand Champion in the poultry classes as well! I'm so proud of them, especially little Georgie!I'm so very excited and flattered! I'm already starting to wonder what I might be able to come up with for next year? And I'm totally entering in the Canning Division and who knows maybe a few others! Thank you to the judges and to all of my fellow competitors! See you next year at the Fair!












18 comments:
Congrats!
Yout work is great! Grand Champion is WELL DESERVED!
(Enjoy the boys when they are in KC - I know you will)
Congratulations. They are fantastic and you are very deserving. You did a great job.
Wow Micki! That is fantastic! All of your work deserved the 3 blue ribbons! Very cool! Dana :)
WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS GIRL!!! You SHOULD be excited - you deserve it!!!!
Hugs, TeriBeri
Awesome deal!!.. Great job!
Woo Hoo!!! Oh Mikki.. that's fantastic! Congrats!
Good for you Micki! Congrats.
Wow congrats! That is awesome. You do beautiful work:)
Well of course you're a winner look at the beautiful work you do!!! Congrats to you!
Congratulations! Never thought of there being scrapbooking categories at fairs!
Surely, you can't be that surprised. Your work is outstanding! Always gorgeous! Congrats! Keep creating!
That's awesome! You should be very proud!
Denise (aka Mom21brat)
Congrats! That's a great job & something to be proud of. Good thing you didn't get too discouraged & give up on it all together.
thats so awesome! 3 first places! whow!!
Yay Micki! Congrats - I loved your vacation book. You deserved it!
Congrats. That's awesome! It's always great to win at doing what we love!
Congratulations on your much-deserved ribbons. Your work is beautiful!
Judee
Post a Comment