Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kraft Mayo - Updated 8/26

I was at the grocery earlier today and almost fainted. Check this out:



This is just regular Kraft May in the 32oz jar. Holy crap! What the hell are they putting in there? Gold dust?!?! And yet if you look at the Hellman's brand its still a normal price. What gives???

I'm off to email Kraft and find out about this nonsense.....

Grrrrrrrr....



UPDATE:

Got an email back from Kraft saying that they had nothing to do with pricing as that's prohibited by law. They suggested I contact the store itself.

I called Ball's who is the owner of this store and numerous others in the Metro. I spoke with Charlie Owens who is in charge of the Grocery Division I am told.

He said that it was a "computer glitch" and has since been corrected. I asked him what the "corrected price" was. He said it was "in the high $6 range." I told him that the price was outrageous in comparison to other stores in the Metro that were not owned by Ball's and in comparison to what they priced other brands at. He claimed that it was "a matter of demand" and that Hellman's sold much more and that they did not sell much of Kraft. I told him that it was still an astronomical price for a 32 oz jar of mayo. He went on to say that he "had another call about the price and planned on looking into it."

Still sound like gouging to me. What do YOU think???

5 comments:

Christina said...

Holey crap! That is totally insane.

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! I am going straight to the store, tomorrow & buying a jar before it goes up here, too! Because a sandwich just isn't a sandwich without the great taste of MAYO!

Amy said...

I was going to write exactly what Christina wrote...so here goes...HOLY CRAP! Are they high??? I have to go to the store tomorrow anyway and this is the first thing I am going to look at. I usually by it even if I don't need it when it is on sale because I LOVE MAYO!!!! Seriously, I'm the girl who likes to dip her fries in it instead of ketchup.

Anonymous said...

holy crap exactly the reason i try to go to sams club!

Anonymous said...

That's crazy! I just bought some the 32 oz size jars last week on sale 2 for $5.00!

Brenda