I went to the M's up in Liberty today and used the coupons with little resistance. The cashiers seemed aware of the coupons and rang my order up using it. They did not even try to scan the bar code, but just rang up each item separately. It took the gal 3 times to get it right, but she eventually did it.
I know that on the Cricut Board some gals reported getting 40% off of clearance items as well. I wasn't so lucky. But that's ok. I really went more than anything to just pass out coupons and share the news with their other customers. Heh heh heh. Ain't I a stinker???
I also have to admit that Trinity and I handed out about 2 dozen copies of the coupon in the store. I bet those cashiers wondered where all those coupons had come from?
I strongly encourage all of you to leave comments. I know that there are hundreds of you visiting today alone. I've had over 900 hits just today. So please let Michael's know what we think about them and their behavior!
THANK YOU ALL for YOUR SUPPORT!!!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
I wish I could afford to take advantage of this coupon! As it is, I have forwarded it to people who craft!
I can not believe M's had PC take down your thread! I agree with you! They made the mistake, they shoudl live with it. (I was not on the MB at the time of the HL coupon mistake, but it sounds like they handled it better!)
I think Michael's is despicable! I am so angry about this! I am seriously reconsidering shopping at just ACM's from now on. Of course, I wonder what would they do if it happened to them? That is some interesting speculation!
M's is making plenty of money w/all these crafters going in there and spending so much!!! I wish I could afford to even dive up there and pass out dozens of the coupons.
Just sent the coupon out to all my scrappy friends:) Shame on Michaels!
Haha I think I will hand out coupons! Thank you so much for all of this. Sorry your OP on the Cricut MB was deleted.... that just gives us more fire to spread the word!
~Momma*Allie~
Thanks for your work on this. M's is being shortsighted. The company could have used its mistake as a marketing tool and created goodwill. Instead, it has enlisted PC to try to hush things up and in so doing, only brought more attention to the mistake. Good for you for standing up to the bullies.
I appreciate you taking this on! We need to stand up to the corporate bullies every now and again!
You go girl! My Michael's shopping has been severely curtailed due to the lack of paper coupons. I received the 40 off entire purchase and did not print it out until it had been changed. So I went to Michaels and made a small purchase and did the rest of my shopping at AC Moore, where they were nice, had new product, and I had a 40% and %50% coupon and another saturday coupon was generated at check out.
Later I found the original coupon in my cache and forwarded it to a few friends . One has already used it successfully and we are all hoping to shop together tomorrow!
Keep up the good work!
I also saw the coupon on *another* message board and *another* blog, so you have some help in making Michael's "do the right thing"
Post a Comment