Monday, August 20, 2007

Boxes, Boxes and More Boxes

Everyday I pack up a little more of the last 12 years. WOW! Its amazing just how much stuff you can accumulate! One of the biggest things that I've learned in the last week from all the HGTV shows that I've TiVo'd about selling your home is to declutter and depersonalize. I have a lot of work to do then. Everyday DH brings home some more boxes and I grab some where I can, and then I fill them all up. Well I guess it will make it easier for moving day, but everyday as well.

We've gotten the paint for the living room and hallway and the new carpet for it too. We've gotten the new linolieum for the kitchen and I have the paint color in mind but not yet set. I got some great deals on the floorings. There are so many other little things to do yet all over the house. Not huge things, but those little things that you just blow off everyday. KWIM?

The goal is to have everything ready for putting the house on the market in April or May. I figure that should give me more than enough time to get things accomplished. It better. Then onto a new chapter for the Hill's Welcome Wagon.

Trinity is ok with the idea of painting and such, but she's not too whoopy about us moving. The other day she was crying that she "likes this house" and the we should "not get rid of it". We are trying to make this as exciting for her as possible, versus scary. So we've told her that her next room we can make into a Princess room for her, and that she gets to help with everything. That seems to calm her down when she gets into a tizzy about the moving idea. God bless her.

Its all exciting and scary and totally throwing our quiet little world upside-down. But its all for the best. A bigger house and a better school district. It all be worth it in the end. Just keep telling me that ok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Miss Trinity. I never really thought about it from her perspective. That would be a little scarey for her. A princess room will be so much fun.

Sounds like you all have your work cut out for you from now until then. Wears me out just reading about it. ;)

Vera said...

Isabella and Sophia were upset about moving from time to time when we first started talking about it. They usually just wanted to make sure that we were taking everything with us though!
Once we started looking at houses they always went with us and they got really excited about the possibilities.