Sunday, September 02, 2007

Meal Planning

As most everyone who knows me already knows, I love to cook. But there are some days when I just don't feel like it. But we are trying hard to eat healthier and eat out less. So today I decided to take a cue from Rachel Ray. For about 3 hours I did food prep and meal planning for the week. Here's what I did:

~ Tossed salad & homemade ranch dressing
~ Loaf of fresh egg bread
These can be used all week long.
~ Corned beef brisket and carrots
For dinner tonight. YUM!
~ Fresh cole slaw
Which I made for the first time since I worked at Main Street Pizza in high school.
~ Chicken Frajitas & veggies
All cut and seasoned and ready to fry up.
~ AuGratin potatoes
I'll just toss a kilbase ring in and pop it into the oven.
~ Chicken & dressing casserole
Ready to pop in the oven and peeled and cut the taters for mashing to go with it.
~ Zuchini Casserole
Lastly I processed about 6 pounds of zuchini for future use and made up the casserole as well.

And even cleaned up the kitchen after me. Tee hee hee.

I really think I'd like to do this on a regular basis. I think it might give me some more time when Paul gets home each day and allow us to eat earlier than we had been. I'll let you know how it goes. Who knows? Maybe this will free me up to do more baking. Oh bother.

2 comments:

Grace2882 said...

I love your blog. What tips do you have for organization to do the food prep the way that you did it?

Vera said...

sounds like a busy day Micki, I'll bet you'll be glad all week long though!