Thursday, September 06, 2007

Life Is A 3 Ringed Circus

Yesterday we got to have a great family outting with Paul's Mom. She treated us with tickets to Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. We had great seats that were center stage so you could see everything; but then Kemper Arena doesn't really have a bad seat in the house either. Speaking of the seats I have to say that they charge a riddiculous amount for them. The tickets that Pam bought were almost $50 each (Trinity's ticket too!!!) and I those were the mid-price range.


The circus has changed a lot since the last time that I went. Its really more theatrical than it used to be; and that's not bad just different. The show was over 2 hours long and that in of itself was impressive. We got there an hour early so we could be on the floor for the pre-show. It was a little over-whelming for Trinity, and she got very nervous. As soon as the show started and she had her own bag of popcorn she started to be comfortable. However, it wasn't until after the intermission that she really warmed back up and got into the swing of things.

When I asked her what she liked best she said the zebras, but there weren't any, so go figure. She also really liked the dragon in the opening ceremonies, and the trained dogs and cats. I think that Paul and I were the most impressed by the motorcyclists in the cage. They had 7 of them in there at once! There was also a great performer named Super Silva who was cool too. Of course for Pam the highlight was the elephants.


Last night she was afraid of the clowns. This morning that's all she's wanted to pretend to be. Go figure. Thanks again Pam! It was a great night of family fun!

1 comment:

Grace2882 said...

You look like you had a wonderful time. I have to say that I do not like clowns. I admitted this to my DD a couple of years ago and she said that she didn't either. lol