Tuesday, February 05, 2008

At Least Kansans Have a Clue


In the greatest majority yet, Obama won the Caucus in Kansas by 73%. The Republican party will have their Caucus on Saturday. I think that McCain will win it on Saturday.

By the way, a caucus is the stupidest part of election process ever created. In an effort to save money, and in my opinion circumvent the electoral process itself, the Kansas Legislature thinks its better to have caucuses instead of primaries. What would have taken me no more than 20 minute to cast a vote, took over 4 hours tonight. Over an hour in line waiting to check in, only to find that they did not have my registration in their books, but yet if you go to the Kansas Electoral site, its there; so I had to re-register to vote. Geez. Then I sat on bleachers in a gym for another 2 1/2 hours for the process to even begin. It was nothing less than a C.F. of epic proportions. From what I understand, at the KCKCC it was even worse.

Then to add insult to injury, they (the Kansas Democratic Party) had the gall to ask for donations to defer the costs of the caucus. You jipped the voters of Kansas of a primary election, and you want us to pay for a caucus that was incompetently run? Yeah. I'm not giving you a penny.

However, I was happy to say out of the 796 that came to the caucus that I attended, over 500 were against Hillary, which I do realize technically means they were for Obama. So long as it wasn't for Hillary, I'm ok with that.


I forsee an election with McCain and Obama. Too bad I'm really not for either of them. My candidate took a powder earlier on, sadly Guiliani was the only candidate that bridged the gap between both parties and might actually speak for all of the people. Unfortunately, moderates rarely get elected. So here's to getting the lesser of two evils elected. Ain't the electoral process grand?

5 comments:

Annette said...

I love Darth Hilary. That's too cute. Jordan talked me into Obama. but she also would like to know (standing right here) how 'bout Darth Cheney?? :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, the Darth Hillary is to hilarious!

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH... this is tooooo good! Thanks for the laugh! Oh how I love this post!

Gracie's Blog said...

Thank goodness that I am not the only women who think that Hillary is not up for the job! My friend think I am selling out. We have enough of the old dynasty, it's time to have new ideas for old problems..

Gracie's Blog said...

I am so glad that I am not the only woman who feel this way. I think Hillary is just not up for the job. I think Obama will provide some new ideas for old problems. So cool to feel not alone...