This weekend I got to get away and have a break from it all while scrapping with the girls. My friend Sara hosted a weekend long retreat here in town. It was so nice to get away from being Mom for a few days and just me. We had some great classes including classes with our guest instructor the one and only Vicki Chrisman. Awesome stuff, from an awesome gal. Really. She and her sister Jan (awesome too by the way) came down to KC for the weekend and taught 2 classes. She did two single-paged layouts and this adorable mini house album. Mine isn't done yet, as I did have the right photos, just not the right scale. So I have to get that fixed. Ugh. Its gonna be a hard choice to give up as the gift I had intended, or keep it for myself.Sara did two single-paged layouts as well, which were very nice too. Now just to find the right photos for it. She also had two keeno make-n-takes in the evenings. A mini book made with Blitzen, just perfect for the tree, and a cute card. Sara also gave each of us these amazing bags from AMM that I'm just dying over! I can't wait to get photos into mine and start using it!

I'm still amazed that everything that I brought to work upon got done! Granted, I didn't bring 20 layouts, but I did get a decent amount of work done. I'll pop up some pictures of those later. Several of the layouts need the journaling printed for them, which is ready to go as soon as I hook up to the printer!
The facility that we stayed at was the new Hyatt Place, on 110th & Nall, it used to be Amerisuites. Let's just say that they have NOT worked out the kinks yet. At all. For the most part we were not impressed with the place. I've got reservations to go back there in April with another group, and considering what happened while there this weekend, I may be canceling them and looking for other accommodations for our group's event.
As with any group there's always one rotten egg who tries to ruin things for others, but I have to say there was just one person who's spirit could help you ignore the grumpy gusses. That was one of my roommates, Alta. If there was ever a person whom exuded pep and spirit it IS her. Here she is all dolled out in her pixie costume. She was a vision in spritely loveliness. And whenever you need comic relief there was Dana, a constant ray of sunshine. To know Dana, is to be a better person for it. Carey was my other roomie, and she's a great friend who is one of the best listeners that I know. I'm lucky that she calls me friend. Too bad I nearly deafened her and Alta with my snoring. I think they may have forgiven my by now. I hope!A great weekend full of friendship, Pina Coladas, scrapping, snacker-doodles and lots of laughs. What more could you ask for?
eta
As promised some pictures of a few of the layouts I did this weekend all finished up with their journaling and such.














3 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend - and love the new bag!
FLOWER POWER was my favorite layout, but I did notice a Maricar-inspired tag on one of those! That made me smile.
Love the bright cheery colors of spring layouts!
Oh it was so fun to see and meet all of you in person. You guys were a hoot! and talk about a talented bunch..wow! THanks for making Jan and I feel so welcome... we had a blast!
Good grief, I'm just finally getting around to catching up on blogs! I had a blast too, and I'm glad you made it. :)
Post a Comment