Thursday, August 21, 2008

Michael's 40% Off ENTIRE Purchase Coupon

In case you didn't get it before they changed it to a 40% off ONE item coupon here it is:



I personally spoke with Elaine in Michael's customer service this morning.

Their number by the way is 800-642-4235. Press 6 for Customer Service.

Lisa Cherry also spoke with Trisha the day before. Through out the day several other ladies posted that they did had called customer service and had spoken with these ladies and that. "YES" corporate was accepting these coupons and had sent an email directive to the stores to accept them for the TOTAL purchase.

I sign off and make dinner. We have company over. Night is coming to a close at the Hill's Welcome Wagon and I find this email in my inbox:


I have nothing but utter contempt for these kind of big brother censorship like acts. To which I responded with this, barely containing my distaste:



I'm sorry but Michael's its time to put your big girl/boy pants on! You f'ed up not us. We were smart enough to save this coupon for future use. Now you imply to the powers that be at Cricut as if its somehow our fault???!!! You have some serious gall!! You tell Cricut that it wasn't released to the public? Then how the hell did the public get access to it?????!! Are you now accusing us of hacking into your systems??????

Suck it up. Don't be assholes. Learn from Hobby Lobby. Last October when they had a similar issue with a printable coupon they accepted it like adults. And you know what? They got a ton of business because of it! They sold THOUSANDS of E's in one week alone! They made millions of dollars! You just look like a bunch of sniveling cry babies!!!!

This kind of corporate attitude is why people complain more about Micheal's more than any other craft chain store! Clean up you act!!

So everyone that reads this, print the coupon and use it. Send it to everyone you know. Make sure that every crafter on the planet uses this coupon.

7 comments:

Meg said...

You go girl!!

Meg in MO

Anonymous said...

I used this coupon today and had it accepted. It took a manager giving the okay, however. I'm planning on passing it on to everyone I can. Thanks for the coupon!

Kitty Bryan Matter said...

Yes! You go girl!!!!

*ScrappinKitty*

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! I have now saved it & printed it & hope to use it!! Your comments abt Hobby Lobby's corporate behaviour when they had the same issue as opposed to M's were very interesting, as well as sadly, not a surprise!! I just wish I could read all the mail posts within your message--I'm having a hard time making some of them out!!! But to you I say, good for you from not backing down & not allowing them to blame the Cricut community for their own error!!! Glenda

nfulkmd said...

1st of all, Glenda, just click on the mail that you can't read and it will open up in a new window at the proper size. 2nd, I have a question, it says in the coupon that it excludes Cricut products. Is anyone able to buy Cricut stuff or are they just getting all their other craft items? Nona ;)

Micki said...

Girls the coupon does EXCLUDE Cricut products. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this coupon!! Looking forward to going back to M's and getting some great deals!

Stephanie Doan (Cricut MB)