Thanks Becky! I appreciate the support.
I'm sorry for those of you who don't know me. You might think that I've gone off the deep end on this Michael's thing, and that I'm a harpy old b!tch.
But let's really think about what they are doing?
First off we all know that Michael's has less than stellar service in their stores and its a frequent subject of conversation here on this and other message boards within our community. They also seem to have no real interest in changing the image they've created.
Michael's made a mistake. Then at first they tried not to stand by it, unlike Hobby Lobby last October. Then we got enough phone calls into to them that pushed them to send an email out to their stores to enforce the acceptance of their own coupon.
So fast forward a little. Lisa Cherry, myself and others do some leg work to ensure that this coupon is legit. Then we post the facts for all to see, including the coupon. Essentially we're smarter than the average Michael's employee eh? Now we know there are some of you who aren't jerks, and that some of you come here. Great!!! But if you do come here than you also know that your fellow staff members have earned their reputations.
The next thing I know is that I get an email from Lori here at the Message Board saying that the thread was removed. Reasoning? Here. Read for yourself:
My original thread was deleted by the Admins and replaced with their own spin on the truth, as hand fed to them by Michael's using my thread title!
See these links to see threads:
My original thread
Lori's replacement thread
In her initial post Lori wrote this:
Now I don't know about you, but to me this implies several things by Michael's and the Cricut Admin staff.
1.) One of us fabricated this coupon.
-- How else could have been created since it wasn't a "valid" coupon?
2.) One of us hacked into Michael's data base and stole it.
-- If they didn't email folks the link or make the link available on their website how else would we have gotten it?
I find this beyond insulting and rather slanderous. None of their blasphemous excuses of the situation makes any sense when you stop to look at the facts.
Furthermore did Admin even bother to consult any of us before they took this step? NO! They just suborned themselves with Michael's and never even considered the facts of the matter. Michael's doesn't want any one else to get a hold of THIS COUPON.
And purgered themselves and maligned us to do it. Then used strong arm tactics to complete the maneuver.
This is what has utterly disgusted me. I know that I'll take heat for all of this, but I'd rather do so knowing that I did the right thing, and stood up for the truth and did not allow some big corporate entity to abuse it.
I personally wasn't going to spend much at Michael's. I buy most all of my craft product at JoAnn's. They've never given me a hard time about using coupons or service issues. The ONLY reason I was going over to Michael's is that they have some different stock than JoAnn's. However now I think that Michael's may never see a penny of my money. I think instead they may see me outside their stores over the next two weeks handing out "40% off the entire purchase coupons" to every customer who walks through their doors.
I'm sure that by the end of the morning this thread may be deleted. So I'm also going to post it onto my blog. Sorry folks. You cannot stop or silence the truth. It just gets moved to another addy.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Michael's 40% Off ENTIRE Purchase Coupon - Part Duex
THIS IS THE THREAD on the Cricut Message Board that I'm sure will soon be deleted. So I'm also posting it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















9 comments:
You go girl!!!!!!!!! BTW I used mine successfully.
I used mine (hehehe, read, one of my many...)and it rang up as 40% off one item. I had to ask the girl to recheck the item and they had to manually give me the 40% off. I'd go in and charge the whole cuttlebug stock, if i didn't have everything I wanted from what they have.
I do assure you however, I will have every prima and stamp I've wanted before the month is done!
I went to M's yesterday and used the coupon, with no problems they said it was a misprint but would honor the coupon because it was M's mistake.
Thanks for posting the coupon for all of us to enjoy!!!
Have a great day!!
very sad, Michael's has some very serious ethical and customer service issues.
as i posted in the thread, i have a pdf showing michaels copyright and all of that. their goof, not ours.
I copied it and plan to go tomorrow. I will let you know if I had any trouble using it. If I do I will me hot! The nerve of big business.
Thanks for doing this for us - for heaven sakes - are any of us REALLY going to Michaels to buy out the store with this 40% off coupon - then to drag Cricut into it!!!! UGH - one of these days they may learn that THE CUSTOMER is the one that they earn their money from.
On my way tonight to use the coupon - thanks so much.
Lynn
I don't have a Michael's local to me but if I did I'd use it, and use it, and use it, and...... LOL Thanks for standing up to the bullies! I'm emailing it to family members that do have Michael's.
Thanks so much! Emailed/texted a ton of my SB peeps in FL with it! :)
Post a Comment