Saturday, August 23, 2008

Michael's Coupon - Chapter 4

Just wanted to let you know that 1307 people came to this blog just on August 22, 2008 to read about the Michael's coupon debacle of 2008 and claim their coupon. Well that's what I've decided to call it at least....

Holy crap folks!

Thanks to all of you! Keep it going. Spread the truth and the coupon!

Now leave some more comments would ya?

LOLOLOLOL

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks again for the updates! I guess M's will be more careful in the future before they "leak" misprinted coupons? LOL! I'll be checking out my M's here in Vegas tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I don't have a Michaels' close and the times I have been in one, I have been less than impressed. If I did have one close, though, I would be right there with the coupon in hand.

Billie Dee said...

You are halarious! Thanks for brightening up my morning.
A link was posted to your site from splitcoaststampers. We'd been discussing the M situation, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the coupon. I printed it and also emailed the link to my friends. Ours Michaels is out of the way so we don't get there much, but with this coupon, it might be worth a trip :) LisaMH

Kathleen said...

thank you for posting this!!! I am planning to pass it along to all my crafty friends. Time to stock up on adhesive!

TT said...

wow - great to have you on our side. i printed a couple and sent your link to sister and friend. Thank you. Theresa

Anonymous said...

Here is my 2¢ on the whole thing...

IF the coupon was a fake why did Michael's tell the stores to honor it? They could have gotten just as much publicity claiming a "system hacking"

If it wasn't meant to be publicly distributed who were the "special people" who should have received it?

Did they tell Cricut "we will pull our product if the posts aren't removed"?

Michael's to read ALL the posts on this subject, do you notice some trends here; some stores are clueless - maybe a management overhaul is needed. some stores manually remove 40% off of each item while others can do it in one step - maybe you need a training overhaul. some stores are discounting sale, clearance, and even Cricut items - maybe you need a system wide overhaul of your computers. and while we are on computers maybe you need to hire someone who can read to do your coupons from now on...

Valerie, who has happily used the coupons in 3 stores, passed out several to other customers (one tonight had one already!) and even given one to a JoAnn's employee IN JoAnn's!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for the coupon. I used mine yesterday. My M's is always the same I own so much stuff that I had a hard time spending any money. I had no problems using the coupon. They even took 40% off of sale items too. Oh and one funny thing is that the manager told me that the coupon only went out to about 1000 people. Won't she be suprised when she finds out that the cricut MB is the place to be.