Ok so here it goes..... the latest blog challenge from the SD Forum
quote="Shawn"]This challenge is in honor of our favorite SD stores and forum! :D
Tell me what got you scrapbooking. Was it a friend? Remembering a loved one? When was the first time you stepped into a SD store? Which store was it and if you remember what was it that you bought for the first time? Lastly, share with us a picture of one of your favorite lo's that you've done. What was your inspiration for your lo?
Have fun and feel free to elaborate as much as you'd like!! :D[/quote]
I've been scrapbooking since I was a kid, but back then we didn't do layouts. You just put stuff on pages and photos if you had them and POOF you had a SCRAPbook. But nowendays its SO different and so naturally, is my style! As a I kid I scrapped everything - I even had one that covered the Luke n Laura wedding - OMG! But as I became older, it was just for bigger things like special trips and events.
Now it seems like I've regressed so to speak and scrap about everything once again. But then how else do I keep from forgetting all those little things that happen, that in hindsight aren't so little? The batteries for my once photographic memory are dead, so what else could I do?
I really started die-hard scrapbooking again after Trinity was born. After all babies do seem to be the biggest motivator in the industry.
quote="Shawn"]This challenge is in honor of our favorite SD stores and forum! :D
Tell me what got you scrapbooking. Was it a friend? Remembering a loved one? When was the first time you stepped into a SD store? Which store was it and if you remember what was it that you bought for the first time? Lastly, share with us a picture of one of your favorite lo's that you've done. What was your inspiration for your lo?
Have fun and feel free to elaborate as much as you'd like!! :D[/quote]
I've been scrapbooking since I was a kid, but back then we didn't do layouts. You just put stuff on pages and photos if you had them and POOF you had a SCRAPbook. But nowendays its SO different and so naturally, is my style! As a I kid I scrapped everything - I even had one that covered the Luke n Laura wedding - OMG! But as I became older, it was just for bigger things like special trips and events.
Now it seems like I've regressed so to speak and scrap about everything once again. But then how else do I keep from forgetting all those little things that happen, that in hindsight aren't so little? The batteries for my once photographic memory are dead, so what else could I do?
I really started die-hard scrapbooking again after Trinity was born. After all babies do seem to be the biggest motivator in the industry.
Like many of us I tried the CM method until I found my own niche. And I have to say to all those CMCs out there, "PP IS NOT WALLPAPER!"
I really enjoy this craft (note I don't say hobby)! It gives me the creative outlet that I so desperately need as I have always been doing something artsy/crafty what have you. But this really seems to fit ME. Not only is it art, but combinds some of my other loves too, genealogy, history, and photography!
The Scrapbooker's Dream staff and family (we are NOT merely customers we ARE family) have helped me to spread my scrappin' wings and further expand my abilities and I thank them for that! Designing with and for them is an exciting challenge that welcome-ing-ly (is that a real word?) pushes my boundaries and what I think I can do so much further!













4 comments:
That lo looks great! Thanks for doing the challenge! :)
Ok this is wierd I know I left a comment before on this one?? Shoot your lo looks so much better than mine. Hehe I used some of those scissors the other day just for fun! Thanks for doing my challenge!
I think you scrap-lifted that LO from me. =)
LMAO Sara - I didn't even KNOW you! LOL
Post a Comment